Helping you go from scarred to starred!
A revolution in the treatment of scar tissue
McLoughlin Scar Tissue Release
Scars are a vastly overlooked source of physiological & bio-mechanical disfunction & a potential trigger for emotional trauma.
What is scar tissue release?
McLoughlin Scar Tissue Release Therapy is a gentle technique which aims to aid greater blood flow & lymphatic drainage in post trauma or post-surgery scars allowing for the area to become smoother & less problematic. The body forms scar tissue as a natural response to trauma when the skin is lacerated or punctured either by trauma or surgery. During the repair process the body lays down thick layers of densely packed collagen fibres though which blood circulation, oxygenation & lymphatic flow are restricted. This thickened fibrous mass causes a dragging or pulling on the surrounding healthy tissues which over time can lead to the body setting up compensatory patterns of movement, often resulting in pain & long-standing issues that don’t resolve with manual therapies unless the scar tissue is addressed. Furthermore the severing of delicate nerve tissue often results in abnormal sensation of not only the scar but the surrounding tissue & quite often an individual can have a difficult relationship with a scar if they don’t like how it looks or if it triggers emotional memories related to the traumatic events which caused it to be there.
Clients with scars may experience;
- burning sensation
- sensation of intense cold
- reduced range of movement
- loss of flexibility
- postural distortion
- weakened muscles
- emotional distress
What are the benefits of scar tissue release?
Symptoms may still be present and problematic decades after the initial trauma and can severely impact on daily life but it is never too late to work on scar tissue.
Releasing scar tissue using MSTR can result in;
- Reduction in pain
- Changes in colour /tone of the scar
- Lumps/bumps/ridges/dips becoming smoother
- Increased range of movement
- Restored sensation /reduction in numbness or sensation of hot/ cold
- Increased blood flow & oxygen to the area
- Increased lymphatic drainage reducing swelling and redness
- A release of emotion (especially if the scar was acquired in a traumatic or emergency situation)
What scars is McLoughlin Scar Tissue Release suitable for?
Common scars that clients present with include, but aren’t limited to;
- C-Section scars
- Spinal surgery scars
- Mastectomy/breast reconstruction scars
- Hysterectomy scars
- Abdominal and appendix scars
- Underlying scars from keyhole surgery
- Hip, ankle and knee surgery scars
- Carpal tunnel surgery scar
- Heart surgery scars
- Trauma scars such as (but not limited to)
- stab wounds
- bullet wounds
Other scar type tissue MSTR may help
- Plantar fasciitis scarring
- Dupuytrens contracture
- Tears to muscle, tendon, ligament
Get in touch to speak to me about your individual circumstances or if you would like to book an appointment for MSTR please click below.
***MSTR is a complementary therapy & not intended as a replacement for mainstream medical care. If you have any concerns about your health please consult your GP***